Monday 1 April 2013

Week 14 - Inspired by Easter




Here are my Easter nails! They were inspired by this gorgeous mani. I didn't have much time to work on this, or I would have played with large and small speckles on the nail like Claire has done in the above link. When I saw she'd used w7s Salt N Pepper in a Jelly Sandwich, I knew I could try it cos I actually own that polish! I'd not thought of using it that way to create mini-egg nails, but I was definitely inspired. 

As well as w7's speckle polish, I used the following colours - the same ones I used in my bunny mani last week. I used one coat of each, then a thin coat of the speckle, then 1/2 coats on top of the pastel colour again, depending on the coverage of each polish.


I really liked the outcome, even though it was a bit rushed. I kept these nails on for all of Easter-day. When I got home from having a little party at my mum's, I had some free time so decided to try a gradient over the top of each nail. I wish I hadn't done it cos now it looks like way too much stuff going on, and also some of the colours don't really show up on top of the others. Here are some pics anyway, invaded by easter chicks...

 

3 comments:

  1. These are cute!! Such a good idea! Those fluffy chicks are adorkable too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ looks so delicate and cute! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oins que monada me gusta!! esos tonos pastel con glitter!!

    Un besito desde  ❤sɔıʇǝɯsoɔƃuıʌol❤

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)