I was tagged by Jenni @ The Nail Art Novice in this Beauty Blogger questionnaire! I love stuff like this so decided to fill it in right away. I've tagged a few of my awesome friends at the bottom if they fancy doing this x
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is quite straight, which I do like because it's really easy to manage. I had it cut into a really short bob last year, which I maintained for a while, but I'm letting it grow out now and it's just past my shoulders.
2. What is your natural hair colour?
It's like a chestnut brown I suppose. I've dyed my hair countless colours in the past, including black, red, platinum blonde, bright pink.... but after trying all of those colours and practically forgetting what my natural colour was, it was actually nice to go back to my roots, pun intended!
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I used to dye it myself or it would have been way too expensive. If I did go back to dyeing my hair I reckon I would do it myself again.
4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it?
If my hair is clean and I'm not at work, I'll wear it down. At work I have to tie it back, so I'll alternate between ponytail, messy bun and a bun using one of those donut thingies. I've also got some awesome spiky/studded bobbles that I love, but can't wear for work. And some pretty bows.
5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own! I've been to get my nails done once, I had shellac put on and they looked lovely and lasted ages. Now I'm into nail art though, I think I would easily get bored of whatever I would get done at a salon and want to take it off after a matter of days, which would be a waste of money! That said, I do like going to get my nails done, as it's nice to be pampered.
6. How often do you change your nail polish? Now I've got my blog and my new obsession with nail varnish and nail art, I'd say I changed my nails on average every 2 days. This is partly due to being eager to try out new things and new products, and partly because I can't stand it if my nails chip or peel just a tiny bit. As soon as that happens, it all has to come off.
7. Do you polish your toes in winter or just in the summer? Both... however I don't do my toes nearly as often as I do my fingers!
8. How long does it take for you to put on your make-up?
No time at all because I rarely wear it. I only ever do my nails, I don't bother with my face! If I'm going out somewhere posh, I might put on some eye-liner and mascara, but this takes me like - 2 minutes. I'm so not girly!
9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
10. Do you collect make-up or just buy what you need when you need it?
I collect nail varnish! I love having a massive range of colours and glitters so that if I get an idea or see something I want to try, I can easily do it without having to go out and specifically buy the colours I need. And sometimes just looking at my range gives me an idea of what to try! Even if I have a polish I don't use, I'll hang onto it in case it comes in handy in the future.
11. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I had them put on once for a photoshoot me and my friend went to, but I don't think I'd wear them again - they looked a bit OTT as I don't usually wear make-up. Also, I wear glasses and I think they'd touch the lenses and freak me out!
12. Do you do a full face of make-up every day?
13. Do you wear make-up when you are home alone or with family?
14. Will you leave the house without make-up?
All the time.
15. How many high-end products do you have?
Hardly any! The only expensive nail varnishes I own have either been given to me by friends or bought for me by my fiancee.
16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Does this mean outfit of the day? Hmm... I usually just pick it out in the morning, although if I'm going out somewhere special I'll definitely plan in advance what I'm going to wear.
17. How often do you change your handbag?
2 or 3 times a year. I usually get a new handbag for my birthday and Christmas. I do love bags, but I don't like having loads at once, cos I only ever stick with 1. I have so much stuff in my bag that it's too much effort to keep swapping and changing. I love H&M, Topshop and River Island for bags. I have a beautiful River Island one at the moment that I got for xmas. I love it.
18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?I work shifts, so this really dictates my bedtimes. However, on my days off I get up late (around 10 or 11) and go to bed late (around 1am). I love sleep!
19. Do you work out? How often?
I'm thinking about going swimming but I've not actually gone yet. Haha. I walk around a lot at work I suppose, but I don't exercise otherwise.
20. Left-handed or right-handed?
Left handed, although I'm getting better at using my right hand to do the nails on my left hand!
21. How tall are you?
5 foot 1. I'm not tall!
22. Do you speak a foreign language?Nope and it makes me feel really stupid when I go abroad! When we went to Belgium last year, all the locals could speak a bit of English, but to not be able to speak one word of their language made me feel bad.
23. How many pets do you have?
I used to have some gorgeous rats, but we can't have pets in our current house. :-(
24. How often are you on Blogger?
I check it whenever I'm online, at least once a day. I love seeing what has been posted, and I'm a bit of a loser in getting excited whenever I get a lot of page views or another follower! I've got into the habit of having it open in a tab, and checking it every so often to see if there are any new posts.
25. Do you read comments on blogs?
I read all comments on my blog, and am so pleased people take the time to leave a comment! And I always try to leave a comment if I like something I see on any blog I read.
26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Well if I see a nice nail-varnish that someone else has used, I will definitely find out what it's called, how much it is and where I can get it from!
27. How did you come up with your blog name?
I say 'mint' a lot, to mean something that is good or awesome. But it can also mean 'in pristine condition' - which is what I aspire to when I do my nails. I wasn't sure whether to go with the name or not as I thought it sounded a bit like I was bragging about my nails - I didn't want it to come across like that because I'm a complete nail-newbie compared to other bloggers and I have a lot to learn! However I couldn't think of anything else to name it so I went with it.
28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I've got a little Lumix Panasonic that I got for christmas. It's purple and cute. I usually take pics without the flash, with the macro on, in good light.
29. How often do you clean your house?
I tidy up quite a lot (making sure stuff isn't all over the floor, washing up, etc) but I hate actually cleaning! I try and keep everything cleanish every day so I don't have to do massive cleans.
30. What is your favourite colour?
31. Do you swear?
Yeah quite a lot - I work on the railway and everyone swears SO much so I've just got into the habit! I obviously don't swear in front of people where it'd be inappropriate though.
32. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Tonight I'm going to the cinema to see Les Miserables again! I've already seen it once on the big screen, but I fell in love with the film and the soundtrack, so me and my mum are going to see it again. Now I need to book to go and see it in the west end!
The friends I'm going to tag if they're interested are:
Bob @ Naileymabob
Kay @ Nailz by Kaylz
Kathie @ Kathie's Famous Fingers
Sammie @ Life of a Little Hippie