Wednesday 24 April 2013

Pastel Pinstripe


A few weeks ago, when I bought my pink Barry M nail-art pen, it was 3-for-2 so I picked up Blueberry (pale blue) and Prickly Pear (purple) gellys to make the most of the offer. I've practiced with my pink pen quite a lot, but I've hardly used the gellys, especially the purple. They're perfect for Spring so I thought I'd try and create something pretty!

Today I gave in and purchased the black and the white nail art pen. I'm so impressed with how they work, I couldn't resist! I wanted to use these, along with my pastel colours, to create a tribal-print mani like my amazingly talented friend Naileymabob. However once I'd done the purple and blue stripes outlined with the white pen, I decided to leave this mani well alone. A few times in the past few weeks I've gone over-the-top with detailing, and then ended up preferring my nails without all the embellishment! 

I might add one tiny gem or stud at the bottom of each central stripe - but I'll do this tomorrow after I've washed my hair if I decide to do it, because washing hair always = lost studs! What do people reckon - should I bling this up a little or leave it simple?



2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I love the colours and those nail art pens are really great aren't they xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the colour combination! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)