Thursday 18 April 2013

Pink Outlining Nude




Hello!

I wanted another work-safe design - something neutral. But I still wanted to play with my pink Barry M pen! So this is what I came up with.

The base nudey colour is called Tip Toes and is by No7, a shade I rarely use but thought it would work well with the pink. I then used my pen to outline each nail. This was really hard to do with my non-dominant hand! The pink is a tiny bit see-through, so I went over each outline twice to make it stand out more. The pen dries really quickly so this was simple enough to do. 

With the pen, you can top-coat almost immediately without it smudging, which is great because with the squeezy nail-art pens I end up waiting ages before adding a top coat, and then sometimes it still smudges! Here I've used Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry as usual.

Also, as you can see, my thumb nails have gone tiny! They were splitting and breaking and gross, so I just decided to cut them down and take better care of them as they grow this time. My nails really don't like my job either - in the winter they were better protected under gloves, but over the past few days when it's been warmer, I've been gloveless and the nails have been getting chipped all day long - sad times :-(



I did these nails this morning before work, and tonight they're all scuffed at the ends, with a slight chip to my index finger which had to be filed down. I thought I'd touch them up, and at the same time add a matte top-coat to try and hide some of the imperfections. I think it just ended up showing them more, but here's a pic anyway:



Sorry about the state of my hands, just going to moisturise now! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)