Friday 1 February 2013

Geometric FAIL!

I don't want to post these nails cos I'm not pleased, but a few friends knew I was attempting them and I think they want to see the outcome!

I was trying to recreate this which was posted on facebook recently. Stunning work! Not wanting to copy exactly, I decided to use shades of pink instead of purple, because I love pink and have a lot of different shades in my collection to choose from. I think my first mistake was choosing two really contrasting colours for the two pink shades - if they were more similar (like the two purples in the facebook pic) then I think my mistakes would be less obvious!  

Okay - here is my attempt:




The biggest problem I have with this attempt is that the lines between the colours aren't crisp and straight. They're so messy! I used masking tape for the sections, and have tried peeling the tape off when the varnish is wet, semi-wet, dry.... it all messes it up. So does peeling it off fast, slow, in the direction of the polish, in the opposite direction etc. Does anyone have any further tips on how I can make the lines more crisp? Any help would be appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think these are as bad as you think the are . I know what you mean about crisp lines. It's very annoying. I really like this attempt <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of these nails Saz and you were brave trying them! No tips on the masking tape yet though I'm afraid, I haven't attempted it yet! :(

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)