Sunday 26 May 2013

Another Glitter Gradient (to match my dress)




I created this mani today to go with a dress I wore to my cousin's little boy's christening earlier today. I've had this dress ages but only worn it once - it's pretty though! Here it is with my finished nails.



I definitely wanted to use my new bottle of Sally Hansen's Loves Me Not, a beautiful shimmery dark purple that shimmers coppery colours in the light. So I started with one coat of this. It's sooo dark, on the nail it looks practically black, even in one coat, and doesn't shimmer as nicely as in the bottle. It didn't matter because I'd already planned to do another glitter gradient, as the one I had the other week when I went to a wedding got lots of compliments. For this one, I used silver (no7) and gold (Barry M) glitter to create a gradient half-way down each nail, then pink glitter (w7) on the tips of each. On an accent nail, I used studs from my Born Pretty stud wheel to create a studded nail on each hand, to go with my studded shoes. It's all topped off with Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri. 

3 comments:

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)