Monday 11 March 2013

Week 11 - Glitter Nails

Yay, I have my internet access back! I've got my first attempt at glitter nails for this week's challenge still to show, but I'm going to show you my second attempt first because it's on my fingers right now and I quite like it. I was struggling to think how I could make glitter arty in a way that wasn't a gradient. I had a google and saw a few ideas I was really keen on.... however, they were all gradients! Haha. So I decided to use three colours and see what I could come up with.


 I basically just kept painting on the different glitters to build up the layers, overlapping them a bit to try and blend them together (which kind of worked). I like these, but I reckon if I was to do it again, I'd use a base coat of red, as you can see through the glitter in some lights to my nude base coat - a bit more obvious in this next pic.

 
I used:
Gold Glitter by Barry M
Pink Glitter (no name?) by w7
Trafalgar Square by Nails Inc.


I finished off with two coats of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri to make them smooth and shiny. I love this topcoat as it doesn't "split" at the sides like Seche Vite, but it does take longer to become rock hard... it dries, but it will still mark if you knock it for a while after. 

One last pic: Here's all my glitters in a nice little row, while I was deciding which to use and what to do! I love all of these and don't use them often enough...

 




3 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! And I think a coloured base coat would make them even better indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I thought I had a glitter problem! ;) This is such a lush mani - I bet it's been catching your eye all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *.* It shines so beautiful! I love it :)
    this mani reminds me a bit of... mermaid's tail! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)