Sunday 19 October 2014

Candy Corn Gradient




Hello!

I created these nails after being inspired by lots of Candy Corn nails around on Instagram at the moment with it being close to Halloween. Living in England we don't have candy corn, but I love the colours of it in pictures! Candy Corn goes from white to orange to yellow, but I changed the order of the colours in this gradient so they would blend better. 

All my polishes are Models Own - Snow White, Banana Split & Peach Melba. These blended so beautifully! <3

I used my usual method - I painted my nails in the lightest colour which in this case was white. When this was fully dry, I painted the three colours onto a make-up sponge and dabbed the sponge onto each nail, re-painting the colours onto the sponge when needed. Each nail took about three or four 'dabs' with the sponge to build up the colour. I finished with a topcoat to smooth it out. 

The last pic was taken in an American sweetshop in my local town centre - although I didn't buy these because this little bag was £6! They do look cool and pretty though! 




2 comments:

  1. Lovely gradient, your blending looks so seamless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very delicate and so lovely :) Your gradient is spotless :)

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)