Sunday 18 May 2014

Circle Gradient

Hello!

Here are the nails I wore over the weekend. I was inspired by banicured_ on Instagram to create this circle gradient - like a regular gradient, except you paint the polish onto the sponge in a circular shape and dab it onto your nails. I used neon colours for a summery look - a cheapy orange from a discount cosmetics shop and a neon yellow from Claires. Here they are, along with the used sponge!


Basically I just kept painting on the orange/yellow onto the sponge in the same pattern and dabbing it onto my nails one by one... I let them dry then repeated a few times until it was bright enough for my liking. I finished with a shiny topcoat.

I know the bottle says "UV" on the orange one but I didn't really take much notice - I'd bought it for the colour not for any special effect, and didn't think it'd work anyway with it only being about a pound, but when I went to bed my nails glowed bright glow-in-the-dark rings - awesome!!

I liked these from a distance, up close they look a bit blotchy and uneven. If I'd had more time I would have added a pattern over these but I didn't finish them until late - boooo. 

Here's some more pics of them from over the weekend - very hard to photograph how they looked but here's two attempts - I especially like the one of them against the dark sky!

 

Also, I broke my little finger nail REALLY low down on Friday :-( I don't even know how I did it, I just noticed it was cracked, and it's really bad. I had a teabag repair over the weekend, which broke on the second day... I was away in London so ended up keeping it together with a plaster...


Now I'm home I've done another repair but don't think it'll last more than a few days! Arghhh why do nails break :-(


1 comment:

  1. This is a neat idea that I may have to try. Best nail fix I have found is Orly Nail Rescue. It won't stop breaks but it'll save the nails when they happen.

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)