Wednesday 19 June 2013

Barry M Summer Limited Edition pink!

Hello (I'm back!)

I returned from Corfu on Monday evening - we had a lovely time! On Tuesday on a trip into the town centre, I ended up coming home with two new Barry M polishes. I needed a new eye-pencil anyway, and as there was the offer to get the free Limited Edition polish if you spent £6 with Barry M, I thought I'd get the pencil and a polish to make the price up to £6 - I chose the new gelly, Guava. I then picked up the pink limited edition polish, just named SLE 2013 A. I think I just loved it because of the pretty lid! Today I've created some nail-art inspired by the zebra print lid, as I've seen others doing - fab idea!

Here is what I came up with:


I needed to use three coats of the pink to get this amount of coverage- I found it pretty sheer in one coat and it needed a bit of building up. I then turned to my trusty Barry M nail-art pens to create the zebra tips. I used the white pen to draw the french tip and fill it in. I did it with the pen rather than a brush for increased accuracy. I had to go over with the white a couple of times for proper coverage. I then topped with a quick-dry topcoat to make sure the white was completely dry before free-handing the zebra stripes using the black pen. My thumbs I had to leave plain pink, because I've had to cut them right down :-(


Anyway, I like these nails! I think I'll use them for this week's challenge, which is Inspired by Summer. The pink is very summery, and the polish is limited edition for summer, so I reckon it fulfills the challenge pretty well!


 
Here's a piccie of me & my boyfriend in Corfu, I caved after a few days of having bare nails and painted them bright coral, like my toenails! 


Loading InLinkz ...

6 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog post to learn all about it :) http://theperfectlypolishedlife.blogspot.com/2013/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow que chulo el diseño!! y en la foto final estáis muy guapos!

    Un besito desde  ❤sɔıʇǝɯsoɔƃuıʌol❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colour! Love the way you replicated the zebra design off the bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! I think it's awesome that you used the bottle for inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Sarah, so neat too!! I think they are one of my favorites you have done x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! such a great idea to copy the lid design! Sounds like you had a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)