Monday 30 March 2015

Pastel Tribal Gradient

Hello!

Today I have some pastel tribal gradient nails to show you! I sat down to do my nails last night, but was uninspired - the few things I started off trying didn't look good or went wrong, so I fell back on my go-to nail art - gradients! I know I can do gradients, so I knew I'd at least get something decent looking!

I picked four of the new Barry M Speedy Quick Dry polishes to use, in green, blue, pink and yellow. I used my usual sponging method to create the gradient. As the polishes are quite light in colour it took quite a few coats of sponging on each nail before I was happy with the coverage. The fact they dry fast meant I had to work fast as well! 


Once the gradient was finished, it looked really pretty but plain. I've often had gradients like this on my nails with pastel shades, so wanted to spice this one up a bit. 


After a bit of thinking I decided to add a tribal / aztec pattern to my nails. I made each nail slightly different. I think my favourite pattern is the one on my middle finger but I think they all look quite good together! The pattern was done using a Barry M nail art pen.

I finished off with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri to make them all shiny and smooth! Here's the finished product:




2 comments:

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)