Tuesday 24 March 2015

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Hello!

As soon as I saw this design I knew I wanted to give it a go! I saw a version by a nail artist called Elaine on Instagram. When I read what she'd written about the design, it turns out she was inspired by another artist who was inspired by another artist etc! I think the original design was done by NailStorming

Anyway, I decided to use a pink background, as it's my favourite colour. I used 'In A Heart Beat' from the new Barry M Speedy Quick Dry collection that I recently won! This is a lovely pinky-peach and I applied three coats. Regarding the quick-dry part, it does dry reasonably fast but I still used Insta-Dri over it as I needed it to be fully dry/hard before I used nail-art pens over the top.

The flower and petals were drawn using my black Barry M pen, and filled in using three other Speedy Quick Dry pastel shades, using a dotting tool. Once dry I went over the black again to neaten the shapes up. 

I'm pleased with these although they look better from a distance - up close the hearts are quite uneven and I'm not 100% happy with the flower. They are fun though, and lovely for Spring!






1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! Looks really effective as well as it stands out. I don't know how you managed to do the black outlines so neatly x

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)