Sunday 22 February 2015

Nails Inc - Alexa

Hello!

Another quick manicure to show you. I've not had as much time as I'd like to do my nails or post here this week as I'm in the middle of a 7-day-stretch at work. I do have some pretty nails planned for my days off though (if they turn out okay!). 

My boyfriend surprised me last week - he said I was going to have a parcel delivered, and when it came it was this amazing Nails Inc set designed by Alexa Chung. Inside there's 6 gorgeous full-size polishes. There's a navy, a nude and a grey, and a holo glitter. There's also two clear polishes, one full of hearts and the other full of stars. It's great to see a mainstream brand use different shaped glitter and I was so happy to own the set as I've admired it online for ages! Also in the set there was a quilted bag to keep the polishes in, and a nail file. I never buy myself expensive polish sets but I like it when other people buy them for me, they feel like such a treat! <3


Anyway, I was desperate to try the hearts/stars but wasn't sure how I wanted to use them. I also didn't have much time to do my nails so I decided to save the shaped glitter for another time, when I had a manicure planned around them. Instead I reached for the grey polish, which is called Winter Lilac. It's an absolutely stunning shade, and only took two easy coats to be opaque. The brushes in these polishes really impressed me, they were wide and curved at the tip so you could practically paint each nail with just one swoosh of the brush! I was a bit worried about the chunky silver lids of these polishes - although absolutely stunning this style of lid is usually difficult to hold. However it was fine because the lids pulled off revealing a smaller screw-top lid underneath - much easier to grip/turn!

I painted the tips with the holographic glitter polish (just called holographic) which is also stunning - I love the tiny glitter particles. It goes so well with the grey! The overall finish of these was quite subtle so I added a studded accent nail with silver studs to match the glitter. 

I love that this set gives a nod to trends that a nail artist would appreciate, like shaped glitter pieces and holo polish. I also like that the shades that come in the set are classic, yet not too predictable - I'm glad there's no reds, as that is too predictable! Can't wait to try out the other polishes!

(Winter Lilac on it's own before I added the glitter and studs!)

1 comment:

  1. You lucky thing! Maybe I should get a boyfriend....
    I've had my eye on this since Christmas but like you say it's too fancy to buy for yourself. I'm happy to see that holo polish is as pretty on the nails as it is in the bottle.
    Amy || Hair Nails Etc

    ReplyDelete

Please add a comment, I love to read what you think :-)